Valliappa Foundation is a voluntary organization formed with the mission of building a
great nation by eradicating poverty and ignorance which are the main problems that pose
a great threat to the upliftment of the country. Since its inception, Valliappa Foundation
has been focusing on education and livelihood creation, which were identified as two
primary facets of a developed nation Primary education is one of the major areas of our
focus. We would like to take up such activity in Bangalore and nearby localities or
villages where we have a very good network and large pool of team to implement CSR
- BNMIT CSR Program conducted in Chanpatna Taluk in Ram Nagara District
- This activity conducted in 25 Government School.
- This Program conducted in school wise and school premises.
- More than 1500 volunteers supported in this school adaption program
- More than 10000 students were participated in this program.
- During this program we donated the requisite items like a bureau and desktop
Under School Adoption Program we are planning to undertake below mentioned
activities (based on the requirements of the school adopted):
- Providing digital literacy training to students and strengthening of Laboratory and
- Training of teachers to improve quality of teaching thru our ToT Program
- Arranging and conducting events for students/ teachers for educational visits/sports
- Conducting cultural, literary and scientific activities in the school
- Encouraging vocational job-oriented activities as part of co-curricular activities.
- Taking up at least one activity-scout and guides, Junior Red Cross, NCC, Science
- Environmental awareness camps, citizenship training camps, etc.
- Involving parents in development activities of the school.
- Develop localized techniques for Reduction in construction Cost.
- Prepare and implement plan of sustainable growth of village.
- Setting of Information imparting club for women leading to contribution in social and
- Developing and managing Efficient garbage disposable system.
- Contribution to any national level initiative of Government of India. For e.g., Digital
India/ Skill India/ Swachh Bharat Internship etc.
- Tree Plantation
- Awareness of Social Activities
- Cleaning Activities and how separate the waste (Organic , Hazardous, Solid, Liquid,
and Hazardous Wastes)
- Presentation Skill, Communication Skill, Email Writing
- Basic Grammar & Computer Skills
- Water Management
Challenges in School Development Program
The implementation of the School Development Planning process raises a number of
organizational and resource issues, which must be addressed by the Department of
Education and Science in conjunction with the partners in education.
- The implementation of School Development Planning is greatly assisted by the establishment
of appropriate structures for collaboration and consultation. Structures within the staff
may include a Steering Group, chaired perhaps by a School Plan Co-coordinator, to oversee
the process as a whole, and Ad-hoc Teams or Task Groups to address particular needs. It is
important to establish procedures for communication between the Teams or Groups and the full
staff, in order to maintain staff commitment to the process. Procedures for consulting with
stakeholders should also be established. The Guidelines will offer suggestions on these
Effective School Development Planning involves the full teaching staff, both collectively
and in teams or groups. So, the implementation of the process necessitates planning meetings
both of the full staff and of small groups. It is important that meeting time be made
available to the school, so that planning can become an integral part of the life of the
school. The primary consideration is that School Development Planning should not interfere
with the delivery of school programs.
- The participants need information and training in relation to School Development Planning,
both before the process commences and during the first planning cycle, to enable them to
develop the requisite expertise. Such information and training should address the
professional development needs of the principal and the teaching staff, and should also
focus on the needs of other participating stakeholders. The ongoing development of the
Guidelines will play a role in addressing the need for information.
- The implementation of the process is facilitated by the provision of secretarial/clerical
support services to assist with tasks such as the preparation and duplication of documents,
the filing and retrieval of data, and the production of reports.
Good facilitation is the key to the successful introduction of School Development Planning.
There are many facilitation options that can be considered, but the fundamental choice for
the school is between internal and external facilitation. Many schools may wish to avail of
the services of an external facilitator in the initial stages, especially if no member of
staff has the requisite experience or expertise. The subject of facilitation will be
addressed in the Guidelines.
- Schools can support each other in the implementation of School Development Planning by
sharing information, experience and expertise. The sharing of good practice can be fostered
by the establishment of school networks or clusters – support groups of schools,
facilitated, perhaps, by the local Education Centre. Such school clusters could inform the
organization of in-career development courses tailored to meet the specific needs of the
Scope of School Development Program
The school plan is a statement of the educational philosophy of the school, its aims and
how it proposes to achieve them. It deals with:
The total curriculum
- The organisation of all the school’s resources, including staff, space, facilities,
equipment, time and finance
- The school’s policies on a diverse range of administrative and organisational
- The school’s provision for the professional support and development of teachers
and in-school management personnel
- The school’s strategies for implementing official guidelines, circulars and
- The school’s mechanisms for reviewing progress and taking corrective action