The Salem Municipal Corporation launched the location based contact tracing application -
VeeTrace - developed by the Sona College of Technology and Vee Technologies, which are a part of
The Sona Group. R. Sadheesh, Corporation Commissioner of Salem, launched VeeTrace at the
alternative market setup in Salem. Mr. Sadheesh then flagged off the awareness vehicles and
explained the significance of this app at the farmer’s market, dairy market and pharmacy stores.
VeeTrace is developed by the Sona College of Technology’s engineering students and the engineers
of Vee Technologies. The app tracks COVID-19 infected individuals and notifies when these
individuals are within 10 metres, 100 metres & 1 km distance.
You can download this app from the Play Store and it is compatible with any smartphone having an
active mobile data. VeeTrace requires voluntary public registration followed by status update.
Doing this, provides accurate information for the health authorities, which helps them to easily
track the COVID-19 infected individuals.
Being a simple app, VeeTrace requires only the name and contact number of the users who download
this app. However, the success of the app depends on the number of individuals downloading and
using it. Therefore, when a higher number of people use it, the app makes it easy to prevent
Detailed Features of the App for Use in Corporates
When it comes to monitoring and managing employee health and wellness, VeeTrace offers some
specific features for on boarding, admin as well as the end users. These features not only
the app extremely simple to use, but also make it highly efficient in detecting and
the spread of infection.
I. On Boarding
- Enables multiple admin
- Offers centralized control
- Provision for adding branches
- Geofencing latitudes and longitude
- Uses Bluetooth to send sound and vibrations alerts
- Bluetooth auto-force every one minute
- Self-Declaration form
- Tracking employee movement
- 'Radius Board' to show the infected, suspected and safe individuals within a defined
- Sends auto notifications when the user comes in contact with an infected individual over
the past 14 days
- No need of active data; the app updates automatically when the internet is available
- Real-time data updates
- Auto check every 15 minutes to ensure the app is active and running
- Configurable distance for social distancing
- Configurable parameters for risk reporting
- Health Dashboard
- Detailed employee reports (5 types)
- Contact tracing
- Changing health status
- Two-factor authentication for every login
- Ensures that only healthy employees enter the facility
- Enforce social distancing
- Contact tracing data is few clicks-away for company ADMIN/HR
- Proactively prevent the spread of covid-19
VeeTrace is compatible with any smartphone having an active data pack. It is designed to
the affected individuals and notify the users when the affected individuals are within a
distance of 10 m, 100 m & 1 km. The application needs voluntary public registration with
accurate status updates. This is sufficient to generate and share accurate information with
health officials regularly, which helps them to track all the active infected cases around.
This simple application only requires the user to fill in simple basic information such as
user name, contact number, etc. when the user downloads the app. However, the success of the
hugely lies on the number of users downloading and using it appropriately. When more people
start using this app, the chances of reducing the community spread will be higher. The app
developed by Vee Technologies and the Sona college of Technology, which are the subsidiaries
The Sona Group, a premier business group in India.